The U.S. Department of Labor has issued instructions for employers on notifying their employees about the options available to them under the Affordable Care Act.
All documents are also listed at the end of this post. Click Below on the links for the documents in .pdf format.
What do you need to do?
- Read through the Employer Information:
- This notice provides information on what you must provide to your employees.
- Provide ALL employees with either Notice A or Notice B.
- These notices are blank, you must fill in your company information on the appropriate notice.
Who does this apply to?
- The requirements apply to ALL employers who have at least 1 employee.
What is the deadline?
- The deadline to provide one of the two notices to ALL employees is October 1st. You must also begin giving the notice within 14 days to ALL employees hired after October 1st.
Who is an employee?
- An employee is anyone you pay wages to and issue a W-2 to at the end of the year.
What if I don’t have any employees?
- You are not required to issue any notices at this time.
Documents to Review: