TAX RETURNS vs. TAX PAYMENTS – What is due?
- Your tax payment is due by April 15th. Your tax return does not have to be filed by 4/15 as long as we have filed an extension.
- If we have prepared your taxes in the past, and your taxes are not complete – rest assured, we have filed an extension for you, you do not need to do anything, or sign anything.
** IF YOU OWE TAXES — Your TAX PAYMENT is due by April 15th. Your filing date can be extended, but not the payment **
If you would like to make a tax payment for April 15th, Please contact us ASAP. We will be happy to help you with this. If you had a tax review completed by us for 2012, please refer to the notes from that meeting for our instructions on what you will need to do by 4/15.
If you have questions, please email: darrellynn@biz-by-design. He can get your questions to your BBD Accountant in Charge.
- Your 2014 HSA contribution needs to be funded by 4/15/15. HSA contributions can not be extended with a personal tax extension.
- Family Plan: The max contribution for a family plan is $6,550.
- Individual Plan: The max contribution for an individual plan is $3,300.
- Age 55+: If you are 55+, you can add an additional $1,000 to your contribution.
NOTE: You would need to have had the plan opened up in 2014 to make a contribution for 2014.
- IRA Contributions – The max IRA contribution is $5,500. If you are 50 and older, you can an additional $1,000. The IRA must be opened and funded by 4/15/15. This contribution can not be extended with a personal tax extension.
- ROTH IRA Contributions: The max ROTH IRA contribution is $5,500. If you are 50 and older, you can an additonal $1,000. The IRA must be opened and funded by 4/15/15. This contribution can not be exteneded with a personal tax extension.
NOTE: The due date of 4/15 DOES NOT apply to SEP’s and 401K contributions. Those contributions can be extened with the due date of the Personal or Corporation tax return.